Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Yet.

I want you to know that
I don't know you yet
But I want to
And maybe I'm going to.
And it's possible that some would call it
Bordering on obsession
And it's possible
That they would be right.
I want to see you
Anyway
And I want to learn your
Everyday.
I want to spend hours next to you,
Unmoving and unspeaking
So that we can figure
Each other out
Without the complication of communication.
I realize I'm talking in rhymes
And most likely
Bad ones at that
But just ignore that part
And try and see what I'm really saying.
I'm really saying let's try it,
Let's do an experiment that is tested on animals
And proved to be right.
I'm saying that maybe
Just maybe
There's a chance in a million
That the chemistry of your soul and mine
Will react and from an ionic reaction.
Yeah, baby, I'm a nerd
But I don't want to just share my electrons
With you
I want them to be a gift.
And as long as people are still buying
Lottery tickets
I'll still take my chances at
One plus one
Equalling two.
I want to know you.
I want to tell you the truth
That's so truthful
That my lips will tell you
Before they tell me.
I want to speak in sentences that don't
Have parts missing.
I want to
Scream and laugh and cry and sing and shout and dream
In your presence
So that you can ride my ups and downs
Without a seatbelt.
I shouldn't want you,
Because most likely you're bad news,
And for all I know you could be
A madman
And an ex-convict.
I don't know you.
I don't, and I know that.
I don't know you.
Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment